Nigerian Newspapers Today Friday 19 Feb 2021
iexclusive News Nigeria brings to you today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
10 things you should know this Friday morning from Nigerian Newspapers
1. The Nigerian military, Thursday carried out airstrikes in Orlu, Imo State. Some footage of the airstrikes shared online by residents of the area showed people being subjected to military actions. The air strikes were allegedly targeted at the operatives of Eastern Security Network (ESN).
2. Contrary to his earlier claims that insurgency had been technically defeated, immediate past Chief of Army Staff, Tukur Buratai, yesterday, said the war may not be won in the next 20 years. Buratai spoke when he appeared before the Senate committee on Foreign Affairs, yesterday, as part of his confirmation screening, following his nomination as an ambassador.
3. Amid rising cases of COVID-19 pandemic, banditry and kidnapping, the Federal Government, yesterday, declared that Nigeria’s economy has finally exited recession that hit the economy in the first quarter of 2021. Minister of State, Budget and Economic Planning, Mr Clem Agba, disclosed this in Imo State.
4. The Benue State chapter of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) has called on President Muhammadu Buhari to stop visa-on-arrival policy at the country’s borders to enable Nigerian security agencies check the influx of militia herdsmen into the country. Chairman of the association, Akpen Leva, made the call at a press briefing on Thursday.
5. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), yesterday, demanded the sack of the Minister of Defence, Bashir Magashi, for asking Nigerians to defend themselves against armed aggression by bandits and terrorists. PDP made the demand in a statement by its National Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan.
6. The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) has alleged that the Federal Government has declared war on the people of the South East. A statement by head of the directorate of state of IPOB, Mazi Chika Edoziem, alleged that the FG has activated its final solution to the Biafran question with the alleged bombing of Orlu council with helicopter gunships.
7. Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu of Ondo State, on Thursday dissolved his cabinet. The announcement was made during the valedictory meeting of the State Executive Council meeting.
8. The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control, NAFDAC, has approved Oxford/AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine for use in Nigeria. NAFDAC Director-General, Dr. Mojisola Adeyeye disclosed this while briefing journalists on Thursday in Abuja.
9.Youths and Sports Minister, Sunday Dare has called for the establishment of unemployment benefits for youths within the new social register framework. The minister said this yesterday at a ministerial dialogue on the Nigerian Social Register organised by the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management.
10. The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, NCDC has confirmed 877 fresh cases of COVID-19 in 25 states and the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja. The latest figure brings the total number of recorded infection in the country to 150,246.
Tinubu’s Certificate Scandal: US Judge Exposes His Shocking Secrets
Supreme Court Fire Has No Impact On Presidential Election Petitions
Niger’s Junta Accuses U.N. Chief of Siding with France and ECOWAS, See Why
Week 12 Pool Result for Sat 23 Sep 2023 – UK 2023/2024
JUST IN: Explosion at Benin Illegal Depot Kills 34
Keep Fit International Club Advocates For More exercise For Men To Reduce Stress
U.S. Warns Citizens to Avoid Nigeria Due to Multiple Security Threats
Mayor of Houston Texas endorses Fidelity Bank’s Trade Expo (FITCC)
How to Exchange Dollar to Naira in Black Market Today, September 22, 2023
Enugu State Tribunal Upholds Mbah’s Victory, Dismisses Edeoga’s Petitions
How Seyi Tinubu’s Fake Donation to MohBad’s Baby Sparked Controversy
Seyi Tinubu Donates N15m to Mohbad’s Son
Neuralink: Elon Musk’s Brain Implant Startup Begins Human Trials
Tony Ejiogu to REBUILD Imo State- See Full Video
Kano Tribunal Drops Bombshell, Sacks Yusuf, Declares APC Gawuna Winner