Elon Musk, the billionaire entrepreneur and visionary, has been making headlines with his bold and innovative moves in various industries.
From SpaceX to Tesla to Neuralink, Musk has been pushing the boundaries of science and technology with his ambitious projects.
But his latest venture might be his most surprising and controversial one yet: he has rebranded the popular social media platform Twitter into X and launched a new subscription service called X Premium.
What is X Premium?
X Premium is a subscription service that offers users a range of benefits and features on the X platform. For a monthly fee of $9.99, X Premium subscribers can enjoy:
– A blue tick verification mark on their profile, which signifies their authenticity and credibility on the platform.
– An ad revenue sharing model that allows them to earn a percentage of the ad revenue generated from their posts and comments.
– Access to exclusive content and features from X partners and influencers, such as live streams, podcasts, newsletters, and more.
– Enhanced customization and personalization options for their profile and feed, such as themes, fonts, filters, and stickers.
How does the ad revenue sharing model work?
One of the most attractive and unique features of X Premium is the ad revenue sharing model that enables users to monetize their content and engagement on the platform.
According to Musk, this feature is designed to reward users for creating quality content and fostering meaningful interactions on X.
The ad revenue sharing model works as follows:
– Only X Premium subscribers who meet certain criteria are eligible for ad revenue sharing. These criteria include having at least 15 million total impressions on their posts in the last three months, having at least 500 followers, and being at least 18 years old.
– The ad revenue is calculated based on the advertisements posted in the comments of the user tweet replies. This format is similar to TikTok, where ads are displayed in the comments section rather than the main feed.
– The ad revenue is distributed among the eligible X Premium subscribers based on their engagement on the platform. The engagement is measured by factors such as likes, retweets, replies, views, clicks, and conversions.
– The ad revenue is paid out monthly to the eligible X Premium subscribers via PayPal or other payment methods.
Musk announced the ad revenue sharing feature in February 2023, shortly after he acquired Twitter and rebranded it as X. He said that he wanted to create a more democratic and inclusive platform that empowers users to create and share their own content.
He also said that he wanted to challenge the traditional advertising model that favors big corporations and media outlets over individual creators.
The ad revenue sharing feature went live for all X Premium subscribers on July 28, 2023. Many users reported receiving their share of the revenue in their accounts.
However, due to the overwhelming demand and popularity of the feature, X support notified that it might take some time to review and pay out all eligible accounts.
What are the reactions and opinions of X users?
The rebranding of Twitter into X and the launch of X Premium have sparked mixed reactions and opinions from users and experts alike. Some users have praised Musk for his vision and innovation, while others have criticized him for his arrogance and interference.
Some of the positive comments from users include:
– “I love X Premium! It’s so cool to get paid for my tweets and comments. Thank you Elon Musk for making this possible!”
– “X Premium is the best thing that ever happened to social media. It’s so much fun and rewarding to use. I can’t wait to see what else Elon Musk has in store for us!”
– “X Premium is a game-changer for content creators. It gives us more exposure, recognition, and income. Elon Musk is a genius!”
Some of the negative comments from users include:
– “I hate X Premium! It’s so unfair and elitist. It only benefits the rich and famous. Elon Musk is ruining social media!”
– “X Premium is a scam. It’s a way for Elon Musk to exploit users and make more money for himself. He doesn’t care about us or our content!”
– “X Premium is a disaster for social media. It creates more spam, fake news, and clickbait. Elon Musk is destroying social media!”
What are the future plans for X?
Elon Musk has stated that he has big plans for X in the future. He said that he wants to make X into an “everything app” that integrates various services and features from his other ventures.
Some of these services and features include:
– Starlink: A satellite internet service that provides high-speed broadband access to remote areas.
– Neuralink: A brain-computer interface that connects humans with machines and enhances their cognitive abilities.
– Hyperloop: A high-speed transportation system that uses pods in vacuum tubes to travel at speeds of over 1,000 km/h.
– Tesla: An electric vehicle and clean energy company that produces cars, batteries, solar panels, and more.
Musk said that he hopes to create a seamless and synergistic experience for X users that combines social media, entertainment, education, commerce, and more. He said that he believes that X will be the ultimate platform for the future of humanity.
Enugu State Tribunal Upholds Mbah’s Victory, Dismisses Edeoga’s Petitions
How Seyi Tinubu’s Fake Donation to MohBad’s Baby Sparked Controversy
Seyi Tinubu Donates N15m to Mohbad’s Son
Neuralink: Elon Musk’s Brain Implant Startup Begins Human Trials
Tony Ejiogu to REBUILD Imo State- See Full Video
Kano Tribunal Drops Bombshell, Sacks Yusuf, Declares APC Gawuna Winner
HACKAHOLICS DIGITAL SUMMIT 2023: WEMA BANK LAUNCHES AFRICA’S LARGEST GATHERING OF INNOVATORS, DISRUPTORS, AND OTHERS
U.S. Court Orders CSU Release of tinubu’s Records Within 48 hrs
How Sam Bankman-Fried’s Parents Got Involved in FTX US Salary Dispute
GTCO Fashion Weekend 6th Edition Holds in November Lagos.
APGA Remains the Only Credible Alternative for Imo People – Ejiogu
How Hong Kong Influencers Were ‘Arrested for Cryptocurrency Fraud’
Bella Shmurda Demands Justice for Mohbad’s Death
Tinubu Picks Ibrahim as Youth Minister, Snubs Dayo Israel
Obasanjo Debunks Rumours of Meeting Tinubu at Alake’s Birthday Celebration