Cristiano Ronaldo Drops Out Of Europe’s Top 5 See Why
Following his move from Juventus to Manchester United, Cristiano Ronaldo has slid out of the top five highest-paid footballers in Europe.
Despite the fact that the Portuguese will be the best paid player in the Premier League, he is now in sixth place on £480,000 per week, a far cry from his Juventus salary of £950,000 per week.
Following his recent transfer from Barcelona to Paris Saint-Germain, Lionel Messi maintains his position as Europe’s highest-paid football player in 2021.
Another Paris Saint-Germain star, Neymar, ranks second on the list of Europe’s top paid footballers, earning £606,000 every week.
Luis Suarez of Atletico Madrid is third on the list, earning £575,000 a week.
Ronaldo, who had consistently maintained the second or first positions before joining Manchester United, has suddenly slid out of the top five, with Antoine Griezmann and Gareth Bale all ahead of him.
Here are the top 10 highest paid players in Europe for 2021:
1. Lionel Messi (PSG) – £960,000
2. Neymar (PSG) – £606,000
3. Luis Suarez (Atletico Madrid) – £575,000
4. Antoine Griezmann (Barcelona) – £575,000
5. Gareth Bale (Real Madrid) – £500,000
6. Cristiano Ronaldo (Man Utd) – £480, 000
7. Romelu Lukaku (Chelsea)- £450,000-per-week (including bonuses)
8. Kylian Mbappe (PSG) – £410,000-per-week
9. Kevin De Bruyne (Man City) – £385,000 per-week
10. David De Gea (Man Utd) – £375,000-per-week