Fire Incident In The Synagogue Church
The fire broke out about an hour after the church’s late founder, Prophet T.B Joshua, was honored with a candlelight parade.
The procession, led by TB Joshua’s wife, Evelyn Joshua, kicked off the week-long funeral rites for the late TB Joshua on Monday evening.
Thousands of followers attended the ceremony that started with “three meditative laps of The SCOAN Prayer Mountain in honour of the memory of Prophet T.B. Joshua.”
Afterwards, members gathered at “the Junction of the Cross” to drop their burning candles.
At after 11 p.m., after the candlelight ceremony, a fire broke out in the SCOAN complex’s warehouse.
The church verified the event on Facebook, claiming that it was caused by an electrical issue that was promptly resolved before officials from the Lagos State Fire Services arrived.
The following is a copy of the official statement that was released on Facebook:
In the late evening of Monday 5th July 2021, there was a minor electrical fire incident at a store house within The Synagogue, Church Of All Nations (SCOAN) complex. The incident was quickly brought under control without any injuries.
As part of the preparedness for the weeklong services celebrating the life and legacy of Prophet TB Joshua, The Synagogue Church Of Africa Nation has worked closely with relevant government agencies including the Lagos State Fire Services, whose members were on ground at the time of the incident.
We thank God for His continued protection. We assure the general public that there is no cause for alarm and the services celebrating the life and legacy of Prophet TB Joshua will continue as scheduled.
“Nothing outside God’s control can happen to His children.” – TB Joshua